Your Student Experience
Having access to a supportive community is key to getting ahead. Master’s degree students have access to several campus resources, connecting you with other students and helping you reach your career goals.
Getting Out in the Area
The area around the University of Maryland offers lots to do. The Masters Program Office organizes many group outings with members of the Smith community.
Baltimore Inner Harbor
Cherry Blossom Festival
Capital One Arena
United States Capitol
U Street Corridor
Smith Masters Student Association (SMSA) events can help you expand your network, meet new people and further.
SMSA clubs include:
- Smith Masters Accounting Association
- Smith Masters Business Analytics Association
- Smith Masters Finance Association
- Smith Masters Information Systems Association
- Smith Masters Marketing Analytics Association
- Smith Masters Professional Communications Club
- Smith Masters Service Learning Club
- Smith Masters Supply Chain Management Association/APICS
“SMSA enriches the student journey at our school. The organization connects students with their fellow classmates and alumni, hosts exciting social events and provides students with additional training in their field. We're helping students acclimate to life at Maryland Smith and beyond.”
Fang Yu (Louis) Liu
Master of Finance '21 | Former President of SMSA
“ I learned a lot from OCS about how to present myself to the Big Four and other accounting firms. After working with the Office of Career Services, I was confident that I could answer interview questions effectively.”
MS Accounting ’18 | Audit Associate at KPMG