The Smith School is celebrating the 25th year of our naming by launching a Hall of Fame to honor alumni and dedicated champions who embody excellence achieved through inspired business education. The Hall of Fame Committee, composed of faculty, alumni and Smith leadership, wants your nominations for our inaugural cohort.
Hall of Fame honorees should be individuals who:
- Embody excellence achieved through inspired business education
- Have a well-established record of outstanding professional achievements in the business community
- Significantly and positively affected society, through business, public service, philanthropy, civic engagement, innovation and entrepreneurship, and/or creating societal value
- Exemplify the values of the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Have a record of engagement with the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Are an alum of the business school at the University of Maryland, currently known as the Robert H. Smith School of Business; or are an exceptional, long-standing champion of the Robert H. Smith School of Business and/or the University of Maryland
Those selected from the nominations will become part of the new Hall of Fame, to be situated outside the Frank Auditorium in Van Munching Hall.
To be eligible for the 2022-2023 award, nominations must be received no later than November 4, 2022.* To nominate an individual, please use the form on this page.
You may also email SmithHallofFame@umd.edu with any questions. A committee member will reach out to you regarding your nomination within one week.
*Nominations received after this date will be considered for the 2023-2024 award. Nominators may be contacted for up to three years to invite them to re-nominate anyone nominated but not selected in the previous cycle.