Your Smith. My Smith. Our Smith.
Smith Day is an annual tradition celebrating the strong Smith community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Join the Smith community on Tuesday, November 9, for a day to show what Maryland Smith means to you! We are truly proud to be Smith Terps.
Thank you for Your Input
Thank you to everyone who completed the Smith Day Survey! Below are a few results from the survey.
- 60% of respondents knew the purpose of Smith Day, which is to "celebrate all things Smith - students, alumni, faculty, and staff - and our connection to each other
- 85% of respondents identified most with Smith’s College Park campus
- 38.8% of respondents are more likely to attend both in-person and virtual Smith Day events in 2021
- 46.8% of respondents thought November is the best time of the year for Smith Day
Get Involved with Smith Day
Consider becoming a Smith Day Ambassador and help spread the word about Smith Day. The role is simple, flexible, and fun, and not location-bound (regional and online options available). Smith Day Ambassadors help promote the day and the related activities by:
- Sharing #UMDSmithProud moments
- Promoting the Day to classmates and colleagues on campus
- Hosting an Alumni Activity or Event
- Gathering co-workers who are Smith alumni for an Activity or Event
So if you are a member of the Smith alumni, student, faculty, or staff communities and a proud Smith Terp, consider volunteering to be a Smith Day Ambassador!
Still have questions about Smith Day or about options for getting involved? Contact Mark Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org.