Welcome to the Maryland Smith Alumni Community
The Maryland Smith Office of Alumni Relations is excited to welcome the Smith Class of 2021 to our alumni community of 66,000+ alumni!
We understand there is a lot to navigate during your transition from student to alumni. This page is designed to share how you can stay informed about what’s happening with your alma mater and how you can stay involved with our exclusive alumni events.
We want to showcase our newest alumni on social media, please take a moment to complete this form to submit your Smith story to be highlighted on the Smith Alumni accounts.
Check out our Instagram and the features below to see some of your classmate's stories!
We use your last known mailing address to determine which regional alumni events you will be invited to. That’s why it’s important we have your updated contact information. You can easily make edits to your contact information by completing the Update Your Information form or by emailing email@example.com.
For behind the scene looks at events, alumni spotlights and other exciting content, follow the Office of Alumni Relations on social media! Join the conversation with #SmithAlumni and #UMDSmithProud.
Connect with Fellow Smith Terps
Grow your Smith alumni network, never stop learning and volunteer with students:
- Find a regional Smith alumni club - The Smith Office of Alumni Relations has six regional clubs in cities throughout the world where we have large populations of alumni. These clubs help Smith alumni in these areas to engage with one another by hosting a variety of events ranging from social to professional development topics.
- UMD Alumni Directory - The University of Maryland provides an alumni directory for you to use to find alumni in your industry, company or to connect with old friends and classmates.
- Smith Lifelong - Smith Lifelong provides in-person and online programs for continuing education for our alumni from some of your favorite Smith faculty members.
- Terrapins Connect - Terrapins Connect allows you to lend a helping hand to Smith students coming behind you as well as allows you to find more senior alumni who can help you grow in your career.
Stay current with everything that's happening on campus.
- Monthly Smith Alumni e-Newsletters - delivered straight to your inbox, this monthly digest keeps you up to date on everything that is happening at Smith, including alumni spotlights, upcoming events and professional programs available to you.
- Smith Business Magazine - a twice-a-year publication highlighting top research at Smith, alumni profiles, events, alumni updates and more!
- Smith Brain Trust - a weekly newsletter designed to keep you informed on topical business insights from leading Smith faculty. Subscribe here.
Share Your Good News
We can’t wait to hear about all the things happening in your life - professionally and personally. Share your achievements with us to be included in the Class Notes section of our next edition of Smith Business Magazine.
Just because you graduated it doesn’t mean your education stops. The Smith School and the University of Maryland have a variety of resources to help you keep learning throughout your life:
- MicroMasters - Determine if an online MBA is for you by taking courses in MBA core curriculum taught by Maryland Smith faculty on the edX platform.
- Alumni Virtual Book Club - Join one of four book clubs offered by the University of Maryland Alumni Association. The Smith School sponsors the Management and Leadership Book Club.
- Smith Lifelong - Explore webinars, programs and classes brought to you by the Maryland Smith Office of Executive Education.
- University of Maryland Alumni Association Webinar Series - Take in content on a range of topics from the comfort of home.
- Coursera - Check out the free courses available to UMD alumni.
You will travel many paths throughout your career. The Smith School and the University of Maryland can help you along the way:
- HireSmith - You will continue to have access to HireSmith as a benefit of being a member of the Smith alumni community. Check out the job board, consult the salary and interview databases, and keep using the resources provided by the Smith Office of Career Services.
- Interview Stream - Alumni can continue practicing and honing their interview skills on this resource from the University’s Alumni Association.
- Careers4Terps - Search and apply for job listings.