Congratulations on your admission to the Smith School of Business! We’re excited to welcome you to our community of dedicated faculty, devoted administrators, smart and challenging fellow students, loyal alumni, and committed corporate partners.
If you’re ready to join us or want to learn more about our program, below are some events and deadlines for you to consider.
- Learn more about our Smith family from our social media. Check out Dean Mullins’s Facebook Page, and our Smith Undergraduate Twitter account.
- Join us for one of the Admitted Student Open House sessions during the Spring.
- Make sure to confirm your intention to attend and place your deposit by May 1.
- Once you’ve placed your deposit, make sure to sign up for a summer freshmen orientation session (you’ll get this information once you place your deposit)!
For Transfer Students
- If you are a current UMD student transferring to Smith:
- Make sure you sign up for a Smith Orientation session. The link for the internal transfer orientation session is listed in your acceptance letter.
- If you’re transferring to Smith and UMD from another institution:
- Place your confirmation fee within 30 days of receiving your admissions offer
- You’ll be prompted once your confirmation fee is processed to sign up for an orientation through the UMD Orientation Office
Tips for all Admitted Students
- If you’re still an undecided major, check out the different majors and read more about them. Don’t worry, you don’t have to declare until you reach 60 credits, but it’s useful to start thinking about your academic and career interests early.
- Start building your business wardrobe! A suit is a necessity. Choose a matching suit in neutral colors (black, navy, gray).
- Brush up your resume.