The Marketing DBA program at Smith is designed as a terminal degree targeted at practitioners and experienced professionals, and will provide students with programmatic skill sets in the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge and analytical skills including AI, machine learning, and prediction models, decision analytics, social media and web analytics, market segmentation, marketing mix models, personalization and recommendations, attribution modeling, etc.
- Using behavioral theories to understand users’ as well as customers’ motivation, attitudes and behaviors and make behavioral predictions.
- Understanding of foundational theory and practical application of marketing behavioral and quantitative topics.
Marketing Research Areas and Faculty
Marketing DBA specialty areas include but are not limited to:
- Marketing analytics
- Digital/technology marketing
- E-commerce and retail management
- Social media strategies
- Customer Relationship Management
- Brand and product management
- Advertising and marketing communications
- New product development and innovations
Faculty will work with each DBA student to design a curriculum that meets the student’s research interests and career objectives.
P. K. Kannan
For all inquiries about the DBA, please contact the faculty coordinator responsible for your specialization of interest. Please provide a brief description of the following information in your email inquiry:
- Education background
- Work experience
- Why are you interested in pursuing a DBA degree and how does it relate to your career objectives?
- Do you plan to work on your DBA degree full-time or part-time?
Professor of Marketing
DBA Program Faculty Coordinator