The IS DBA program at Smith is designed as a terminal degree targeted at practitioners and experienced professionals who seek to gain state-of-the-art research skills that can be applied to solving real-world problems. The IS DBA program will provide students with:
- State-of-the-art research tools and techniques in AI, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Causal Inference from large-scale data, to find innovative solutions to critical complex real-world problems facing businesses, government and society.
- A deep understanding of digital platforms and emerging technologies and their implications for business strategy and policy.
- A solid foundation in behavioral and economic theories for nuanced insights into the role, impact, and potential of digital technologies.
- Rigorous research skills and advanced critical reasoning applied to real-world decision making in business and government.
IS Research Areas and Faculty
Digital Platform Design and Strategy
AI & Machine Learning for Business
Big Data and Predictive Analytics
Coursework and Specialty Areas
The IS DBA program is designed to be completed in 3 years. In addition to coursework, students will work closely with faculty in their areas of interest to tailor and implement their practice-focused research agenda.
Select IS DBA Courses:
- AI for Business
- Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Data Models and Decisions
- Big Data and CloudComputing
- Digital Platforms and Ecosystems
- Digital Transformation
- Blockchain and Smartcontracts
- Research Seminars: Current Topics in Information Systems
- Capstone Research
Specialty areas include but are not limited to:
- Digital Platform Design and Strategy
- AI & Machine Learning for Business
- Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Tech Strategy
For all inquiries about the DBA, please contact the faculty coordinator responsible for your specialization of interest. Please provide a brief description of the following information in your email inquiry:
- Education background
- Work experience
- Why are you interested in pursuing a DBA degree and how does it relate to your career objectives?
- Do you plan to work on your DBA degree full-time or part-time?
DBA Program Faculty Coordinator