Giving Day returns to the University of Maryland on Thursday, March 3, giving all members of the Robert H. Smith School of Business community the opportunity to boost their contributions through several hourly contests held across campus. From noon until 2 p.m., the Smith faculty and staff’s donations will be eligible for an extra $3,000 prize to be awarded to the Smith School - if they can donate the most money of any on-campus unit within that timeframe.
If alumni donate specifically to the Smith School between 9 and 10 p.m., Smith stands to win an extra $1,000 prize if Smith Terps donate the most funds within that time period.
Giving Day timeline for cash incentives:
- 10-11 a.m. - The most creative “Maryland Pride” photo posted, marked with #givingdayumd and the @SmithSchool handle earns an extra $500.
- 12-2 p.m. - The school with the most faculty and staff donations earns an extra $3,000.
- 6-7 p.m. - The most gifts to a student organization fund earns an extra $1,000.
- 8-9 p.m. - The best Terp Men’s Basketball selfie posted, marked with #givingdayumd and the @SmithSchool handle earns an extra $1,000.
- 9-10 p.m. - Most donations by alumni earns an extra $1,000.
Interested donors are encouraged to visit go.umd.edu/gdbus to donate on March 3 and join the conversation on Twitter at #givingdayumd @SmithSchool.