Maryland Global Consulting Program
Access resources and knowledge from the export ecosystem here in Maryland and increase your company’s knowledge about how to expand globally.
Access resources and knowledge from the export ecosystem here in Maryland and increase your company’s knowledge about how to expand globally. Be part of a cohort of companies seeking to accelerate their capacity to export. Receive custom support on global market expansion or solve an international business challenge with a team of business students.
About the Maryland Global Consulting Program:
- Student teams provide at least 10 hours per week of consulting per semester on one consulting project.
- Recommendations are based on project scope, which could include a review of a company’s global strategy.
- Students are advised by our top-rated Smith School faculty, along with the Maryland Department of Commerce, Office of International Investment, and trade subject matter experts.
- Consulting projects may be aligned with one traditional functional area or cross-functional areas, including data analytics, fintech, blockchain, etc. Consulting projects may include but are not limited to market assessments, market entry strategies, identification of distributors, export distribution plans, operational plans to scale, etc.
- Student teams will provide a set of actionable recommendations at the conclusion of the project.
Program enhancements include:
- access to subject matter experts on project-related issues;
- participation in a cohort structure, giving each company participating the opportunity to network and learn from other companies;
- an introductory launch day and final symposium, bringing all project teams and companies together for networking and resource sharing;
- and, support resources as part of the company's "next steps" upon conclusion of the consulting project, and more.*
The cost to the client is $5,000 for a team of up to 5 students and up to two-thirds of this fee is reimbursable through the ExportMD grant if you are a Maryland company and qualify for the grant. If a company intends to pursue the ExportMD grant for financial support, then it should apply and get pre-approval before the program begins.
The next iteration of the Maryland Global Consulting Program opens in spring 2024. To express interest or learn more about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-405-9477.
*If your company is a start-up, the program will also provide access to the right training, tools, peers, mentors, etc., to assist in the export process.