The University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business has named nine new appointees to its Board of Advisors for three-year terms, effective July 1, 2017.
UMD and Smith School graduates are among the new advisors:
- Lisa Anders MBA ’95, VP for Business Development, McKissack & McKissack
- Jason Cohen ’96, CEO & Founder, Halen Brands, Inc.
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, Chairman, American Institute of CPAs, and Global Accounting Strategy Director, Oracle Corporation
- Göran Espelund MBA ’87, Chairman of the Board, Lannebo Fonder
- Laura Freitag ’88, Partner, EY
- Nina R. Mitchell ’81, Partner, Bridgewater Wealth
- Nicole Pollard ’91, Office of General Counsel, National Education Association
- Wendy Sanhai-Madar MBA ’09, Federal Strategy & Operations, Deloitte Consulting
- Kathryn Stewart, Managing Director, Cranbrook Capital
Also joining the board as ex-officio members are representatives of the Alumni Chapter Board (Andrea Brody ’87, chief marketing officer, BravoSolution, and Tony Washington, MBA ’89, senior vice president, FHA Multifamily Lending, EagleBank) and the newly formed Young Alumni Council (Khalil Pettus ’15, investment banking analyst, Goldman Sachs, and Ali Von Paris ’12, founder and CEO, Route One Apparel).
The new members join a board that’s helping to shape the school’s strategic directions and strengthen community partnerships. Their stated mission is to “enhance the Smith School brand through advice and action.”
For a full listing of the Smith School Board of Advisors, go to www.rhsmith.umd.edu/about-us/board-advisors.
- advisory board
- Executive Education
- Executive MBA
- Full-Time MBA
- Master of Finance
- Master of Quantitative Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Business and Management
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Marketing Analytics
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
- Online MBA
- Flex MBA
- Business Masters
- Office of Development
Media Relations Manager
About the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business
The Robert H. Smith School of Business is an internationally recognized leader in management education and research. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Maryland, College Park, the Smith School offers undergraduate, full-time and flex MBA, executive MBA, online MBA, business master’s, PhD and executive education programs, as well as outreach services to the corporate community. The school offers its degree, custom and certification programs in learning locations in North America and Asia.