The University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business has named nine new appointees to its Board of Advisors for three-year terms, effective July 1, 2017.
UMD and Smith School graduates are among the new advisors:
- Lisa Anders MBA ’95, VP for Business Development, McKissack & McKissack
- Jason Cohen ’96, CEO & Founder, Halen Brands, Inc.
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, Chairman, American Institute of CPAs, and Global Accounting Strategy Director, Oracle Corporation
- Göran Espelund MBA ’87, Chairman of the Board, Lannebo Fonder
- Laura Freitag ’88, Partner, EY
- Nina R. Mitchell ’81, Partner, Bridgewater Wealth
- Nicole Pollard ’91, Office of General Counsel, National Education Association
- Wendy Sanhai-Madar MBA ’09, Federal Strategy & Operations, Deloitte Consulting
- Kathryn Stewart, Managing Director, Cranbrook Capital
Also joining the board as ex-officio members are representatives of the Alumni Chapter Board (Andrea Brody ’87, chief marketing officer, BravoSolution, and Tony Washington, MBA ’89, senior vice president, FHA Multifamily Lending, EagleBank) and the newly formed Young Alumni Council (Khalil Pettus ’15, investment banking analyst, Goldman Sachs, and Ali Von Paris ’12, founder and CEO, Route One Apparel).
The new members join a board that’s helping to shape the school’s strategic directions and strengthen community partnerships. Their stated mission is to “enhance the Smith School brand through advice and action.”
For a full listing of the Smith School Board of Advisors, go to www.rhsmith.umd.edu/about-us/board-advisors.