Edwin A. Locke Directory Page
Edwin A. Locke
Ph.D., Cornell University
Primary Research Areas
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resources Management
Locke, E. A. (1991) The motivation sequence, the motivation hub and the motivation core.Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes, 50, 288-299.
Judge, T. A. & Locke, E.A. (1993) Effect of dysfunctional thought processes on subjective well-being and job satisfaction. Journal of Applied Psychology, 78, 475-490.
Scully, J., Kirkpatrick S. & Locke, E. A. (1995) Locus of knowledge as a determinant of the effects of participation on performance, affect and perceptions. Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes, 61, 276-288.
Baum, J. R., Locke, E. & Kirkpatrick, S. (1998) A longitudinal study of the relation of vision and vision communication to venture growth in entrepreneurial firms. Journal of Applied Psychology, 83, 43-54.
Locke, E. A. (2000) Motivation by goal setting. In R. Golembiewski (Ed.) Handbook of organizational behavior. New York: Marcel Dekker.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (American Psychological Association); Fellow, Academy of Management; Fellow, American Psychological Society
- Ranked 2nd in scholarship among 576 management faculty from 32 leading business schools (1989).
- Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award, Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology, 1993.
- Career Achievement Award, Academy of Management (Human Resources Division), 1997.
- Included in A. Bedeian (Ed.) "Management Laureates" Vol. 2, JAI Press, 1993.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, College of Business and Management Alumni Association, 1980.
- Distinguished Teacher-Scholar Award, University of Maryland, College Park, 1983-84.
- Distinguished Teacher Award-Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences, 1985.
- Top 15% of Teachers, College of Business & Management (several times).
- Krowe Teaching Award for teaching excellence, MBA Program, 1992
- Krowe Teaching Award for teaching innovation, MBA Program, 1996
- Wakefern Foods
- U. S. Civil Service Commission
- Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- International Personnel Management Association
- Inhilco, Inc.
- Blue Shield of Maryland
- U.S. Post Office
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense
- U.S. Red Cross
- Washington Gas Light Co
- National Retail Merchants Association
- McDonnell Douglas
- Douglas Aircraft
- Westinghouse Corp.
- Marriott Corp.
- Pet Foods, Inc.
- Army Research Institute
A study of the world’s top researchers identifies 18 from the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business in the top 2%…