Analytics is a cornerstone of the business curriculum at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business – at all levels of instruction and across all disciplines. The Smith Analytics Consortium will directly benefit students with experiential learning projects and consulting opportunities with member companies, curriculum development, analytic demonstrations, and thought leadership events.
Datathons are data-focused hackathons, where participants are given a dataset and a limited amount of time for this competition. They are challenged to use their creativity and data science skills to build, test, and explore solutions. The Smith Analytics Consortium has both sponsored and assisted Smith students with a variety of datathons. Students interested in these types of events may learn about our past datathons and ones that are upcoming to determine rules for registration and participation.
Students interested in studying analytics can explore the following opportunities:
- Major in Operations Management and Business Analytics
- Minor in Business Analytics
- Quality Enhancement Systems and Teams (QUEST) Program
- Operations Management & Business Analytics Society (OMBAS) Student Club
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Marketing Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- MBA Analytics Track
Companies wishing to work with our Office of Executive Programs on custom analytics programs should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.