Now that final exams, group projects, and papers are done for the semester, we’re looking forward to some well-deserved rest and relaxation. So in the spirit of that relaxation, we thought we’d talk about what all the MBA bloggers are looking forward to doing this break. Maybe there are some things on here you’re looking forward to doing too, or maybe you’ll add something new to your list.
- Relaxation and watching the new Martin Scorsese film, "The Irishman"
- International travel
- Spending time with my significant other
- Completing my annual New Year’s review of 5-year goals and aspirations
- Traveling in Southeast Asia for the entire break. Going to be in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Myanmar
- Sticking to my goal of reading a book a month, preferably a business book. Picked "Thinking Fast and Slow," by Daniel Kahneman for winter break
- Spending time with family and friends in North Carolina
- Most importantly, going to South Africa for my honeymoon!
- Going to Richmond to visit family and friends, eat lots of delicious food, and drink tons of craft beer
- Binge a bunch of TV shows. Some options: Season 3 of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," "Peaky Blinders," "Watchmen," "Mad Men"
- Explore D.C., especially the museums. Some on the list: Black History, Holocaust, Newseum
- Read a non-business book, since all I’ve been reading is business stuff for months. I’ve had a bunch of historical fiction books calling my name, and I can’t wait to pick one up
These are just some of the things we’ll be getting into this winter break. If you have recommendations for things to watch, places to eat, things to go see, let us know. Or if anything here sparked your fancy, add them to your to-do list.