All applications require the following:
- $75 application fee
- Essay articulating your qualifications and interest in the program
- Current professional résumé
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended
- TOEFL or IELTS exam (if you do not hold a degree from a U.S. institution or an English-speaking country)
GMAT/GRE test score requirements vary per program.
Test Scores Required:
- Business Analytics
- Quantitative Finance
- Information Systems
- Marketing Analytics
Test Scores Recommended:*
- Supply Chain Management
*Recommendations vary per program
|Application Deadlines||Decision Deadlines|
|November 15, 2019||January 15, 2020|
|January 10, 2020||March 10, 2020|
|February 15, 2020||April 15, 2020|
|March 15, 2020||May 15, 2020|
High Performing Seniors
Students attending an accredited U.S. institution for undergraduate or master’s degree study may apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver. In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently have an undergraduate or graduate degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Earned a B or higher in statistics, calculus, linear algebra or other quantitative coursework
Applicants will be notified of the waiver decision within then business days. This waiver does not guarantee admission into the program.
U.S. Military Active Duty and Veterans
Maryland Smith appreciates the value active duty members and veterans bring to our community. We offer application fee waivers and GMAT/GRE waivers to active members, veterans and veteran family members of the U.S. military.
- Application Fee Waivers
This waiver is available to active duty members, veterans or veteran family members using transferred VA GI-Bill benefits. When applying for the waiver, contact the MS Admissions Office at least 48 hours before submitting your application to ensure all paperwork is managed accordingly. To activate your waiver, email a copy of your transcript, DD Form 214 or proof of Active Duty to email@example.com. Your fee waiver must be activated before submitting your application.
- GMAT or GRE Waivers
Active members and veterans, you may qualify for a GMAT or GRE waiver to our Specialty Master's degree programs if you've earned one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree from a U.S. accredited university or college with a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- An undergraduate grade of B or higher in statistics or other quantitative courses.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the waiver. Your military experience will be taken into consideration with your professional resume, required essay and letter of recommendation.
Year of Experience
Admissions data averages for master's degree candidates admitted to Maryland Smith for 2019.
Fall 2019 / Spring 2020 Tuition Rates
|Maryland Residents||$1,582 per credit|
|Non-Maryland Residents||$2,015 per credit|
|$2,098 per Master of Finance / Master of Quantitative Finance credit|
Limited financial assistance is available in the form of a graduate assistantship or scholarship.
If you’re interested in speaking with an admissions representative directly about a specialty master's degree or Plus 1 program, we are available for appointments via phone, Skype or in-person.