Resources & Services
At the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business, our centers of excellence serve as the intersection of scholarship and the marketplace, putting breakthrough research at the service of students and companies.
Our faculty members are attuned to a marketplace that values innovation, entrepreneurialism, analytical thinking and hard work. Their teaching and research equip our students with the wisdom of business scholarship rooted in the experiential lessons of the marketplace.
Effective supply chain integration ultimately depends on developing a strategy, process, and architecture connecting customers and suppliers end-to-end.
Leveraging the knowledge gained from research, the Supply Chain Management Center provides comprehensive consulting services to help organizations move with confidence into the new e-supply chain environment.
- Rapid supply chain appraisals, usually in 30 to 60 days
- Long-term organizational assessments and strategic development
- Collaborative planning in the new e-supply chain environment
- Performance of technical proofs of concepts.
Supply Chain Management Clients:
- ANSER - Analytic Services Inc.
- Allied Signal Technical Services Corporation
- CSC - Computer Sciences Corporation
- Chicago Tribune
- Hughes Network
- LMI - Logistics Management Institute
- Maryland Dept. of Budget and Management
- SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation).
- The US Army - HIMARS
- Federal Motor Safety Carrier Administration
- U S Department of Transportation
- Maryland Food Center Authority