Explore what Smith's Office of Career Services has to offer, and check out the accounting-job-resource mega-list.
- Virtual Business Information Center, a Web site produced on campus. It hosts many valuable and technical accounting links, such as tax codes, accounting standards, and government links.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - The AICPA is the premier national professional association in the United States linking all members of the CPA profession. This site includes information on press releases and daily news alerts, the AICPA Online Audio/Video Library with downloadable video clips of issues of interest to CPAs, and some online publications (newsletter, free and subscription journals, association documents, professional ethics, and the Uniform Accountancy Act). It also includes CPA links, information about the Technology Advisor Program, conferences, software, AICPA teams (technical, member interests, self regulation, external relations, and administration), the CPA Vision Project, and a student section.
- American Accounting Association - The American Accounting Association promotes worldwide excellence in accounting education, research and practice. It is a voluntary organization of persons interested in accounting education and research. This site includes information about special interest and regional sections, meetings, faculty development, accounting web sites, and publications. The newsletters and journals are citations only, abstracts, and/or full text. Some are searchable.
- CPA State Requirements
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) - The IMA is devoted to management accounting and financial management. It helps its membership keep up with the changes affecting the management accounting and financial management professions. It provides insights, ideas, and ethical guidance in these fields.
- International Accounting Standards Committee (IASC) - The IASC is an independent private-sector body working to achieve uniformity in the accounting principles that are used by businesses and other organizations for financial reporting around the world. This site includes a current member list, information about IASC history, objectives, achievements, acceptability (companies, countries, stock exchanges), and a detailed summary of all IASC standards. There is also IASC news, a bibliography, statistics about cross-border financing transactions, IASC project information, and an alpha index.
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants - The Maryland Association of CPAs is the statewide, professional membership organization representing the majority of Maryland CPAs in practice, industry, government and education with a membership of nearly 10,000.
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) - NASBA's mission is to enhance the effectiveness of state boards of accountancy. This site includes a listing of all state boards with contact information and Web site links. There is information about association programs and services, upcoming events, and CPA exam information (services, results). You can also find select articles from the most recent issues of the NASBA newsletter, publications for purchase, and The Uniform Accountancy Act and Uniform Accountancy Act Rules, Third Edition, that can be downloaded using Adobe Acrobat.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)