Welcome to the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business. This page contains information and instructions specifically for students who are pursuing the SPJ GMP and Smith Master of Quantitative Finance (MQF) program.
NOTE: Admitted applicants should be ready to join the Smith MQF program in College Park, Md., USA, in the spring term, which begins during the third week of January.
Smith Contact Information and Online Application
We have established a special email address for you. If you have questions or need assistance with your MQF application, contact us through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Submitting Your MQF Application
1. Establish your online application account and start your application to the Smith MQF program here.
2. Send email to the University of Maryland at the above address so that your application fee can be waived and your unsubmitted application can be marked for this particular program. Use the following subject line:
Starting My SPJIMR GMP, Smith MQF Application Now
(remember to include your full name in the body of the email)
3. Within approximately 3 business days, you will receive an email response to confirm your application fee has been waived and your application has been marked appropriately.
4. After you receive the confirmation email from the University of Maryland, you may submit your application.
- Equivalent of U.S. Bachelor's Degree
- Sufficient Quantitative Background (Exposure to linear algebra and advanced statistics is highly recommended)
- Transcript(s) and Degree Certificate(s)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Professional Résumé
- Video Response
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Report*(Required if you do not have a four-year or advanced degree from a country where English is the official language)
*Applicants who have not yet taken the TOEFL or IELTS exam should contact the Smith Admissions Office through the above dedicated email address to make them aware of when they plan to take the exam.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
|TOEFL Minimum Required Score||IELTS Minimum Required Score|
TOEFL Institutional Code
- UMD Smith School of Business, institutional code 5814
Please visit our FAQ page if you have additional questions regarding the admissions requirements.
IELTS scores that cannot be sent electronically should be mailed directly to the University of Maryland, please have the testing center mail your score sheet to:
University of Maryland
Enrollment Service Operations
Application for Graduate Admission
Room 0130 Mitchell Building
College Park, Maryland 20742
Tuition and Fees
Admitted applicants who matriculate into the SPJ GMP and Smith Master of Quantitative Finance (MQF) program will pay no more than $40,000 USD in tuition and fees for the MQF portion of the program.*
Please check out general information about the Smith Master of Quantitative Finance Program
*students are responsible for their own expenses pertaining to housing, books and supplies, food, transportation, personal items and incidentals. Based on tuition and fee rates established by the Robert H. Smith School of business for the 2018/2019 academic year. Tuition is subject to change.