Fearless Founders “New Venture Practicum” is a for-credit course offered in the spring semester. It is cross-listed in Testudo as permission-only BMGT468R/ENES498R. The Fearless Founders course will include regular class meetings once a week plus several advising sessions. You will also be required to complete a final presentation.
We accept about 20 students every spring. Upon completion of the program, students from the New Venture Practicum class will be eligible for seed funding and are strongly encouraged to apply for our Terp Startup summer accelerator.
Criteria for Students Wishing to Qualify for New Venture Practicum
In order to apply directly to the New Venture Practicum cohort, you must have:
- Completed the New Venture Practicum interest form.
- Attended a Dingman Fridays session.
- Interviewed at least 30 potential customers and conducted initial market research. And, from this research and interviews have validated the following:
- My initial target customer identifies with the problem I am solving.
- My initial target customers are interested in the solution I am developing to the problem.
- My solution has a unique value proposition compared to existing alternatives.