The Smith School is pleased to open nominations for the inaugural cohort of the Smith School Hall of Fame as part of the celebration of the 25 year Silver Jubilee.
The Hall of Fame will honor alumni and dedicated champions who embody excellence achieved through inspired business education.
Hall of Fame honorees should be individuals who:
- Embody excellence achieved through inspired business education
- Have a well-established record of outstanding professional achievements in the business community
- Significantly and positively affected society, through business, public service, philanthropy, civic engagement, innovation and entrepreneurship, and/or creating societal value
- Exemplify the values of the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Have a record of engagement with the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Are an alum of the business school at the University of Maryland, currently known as the Robert H. Smith School of Business; or are an exceptional, long-standing champion of the Robert H. Smith School of Business and/or the University of Maryland
Those selected from the nominations will become part of the new Hall of Fame, to be situated outside the Frank Auditorium in Van Munching Hall.
To be eligible for the 2022-2023 award, nominations must be received no later than November 4, 2022. To nominate an individual, please use the form on this page. You may also email SmithHallofFame@umd.edu with any questions. A committee member will reach out to you regarding your nomination within one week.
Media Relations Manager
About the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business
The Robert H. Smith School of Business is an internationally recognized leader in management education and research. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Maryland, College Park, the Smith School offers undergraduate, full-time and flex MBA, executive MBA, online MBA, business master’s, PhD and executive education programs, as well as outreach services to the corporate community. The school offers its degree, custom and certification programs in learning locations in North America and Asia.