On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business hosted a virtual gathering to recognize the achievements of top undergraduate students during the 20th Annual Undergraduate Awards Banquet.
Unlike in previous years, where attendees came together for dinner, the celebration this year was observed via Zoom to comply with state guidelines on social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic. Regardless, students appreciated the chance to interact with their peers and professors. The festivities were presided over by Victor Mullins, associate dean for undergraduate programs at Maryland Smith.
“I am incredibly proud of our award winners,” Mullins said. “I wish each of you more of these days in your life and I am excited to see where you’ll go.”
Nine top Smith students were formally recognized for their leadership and academic achievements.
- Dean's Leadership Award: Alexandra Bergman
- Accounting: Hanna Janvier
- Finance: Patrick Winter
- Information Systems: Abdulrahman Ali & Liuxin Yan
- International Business: Doron Tadmor
- Management: Jonathan Garagiola
- Marketing: David Rosenstein
- Operations Management & Business Analytics: Ariana Riske
- Supply Chain Management: Daniel Harting
The undergraduate program also honored one faculty member, Mary Harms, associate clinical professor of marketing, for the Faculty Member of Distinction award.