Undergraduate Fellows programs at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business are two to three semester-long programs that focus on a specialized area of business and provide for experiential learning. Fellows applications for 2016-17 are open through Feb. 13 at midnight. Read more about Fellows here and visit individual program pages for applications.
We asked students about the benefits they received from being in Fellows. Here’s what they had to say.
- Networking. Fellows students regularly have access to industry professionals – from recent Smith grads to CEOs.
- Small Classes. Fellows classes range from 12 to 35 students, allowing strong relationships to develop among the program faculty and students.
- Focus on specific business interest. Each Fellows program – 15 in all – centers on a different area of business, allowing students to explore topics of interest or focus their career development on an area they wish to pursue.
- Site visits and special access to events. Fellows have visited company headquarters, attended conferences and gained access to exclusive sites like FDIC and the Federal Reserve. They also receive priority admission to many Smith School events (and free food!).
- Cohort of like-minded peers. Fellows brings students together around a common interest and high level of academic achievement. Fellows classes are filled with peers who find there are others who are also excited by marketing or supply chain or banking or social innovation.
- Hands on experience. Whether it’s consulting for a company, starting a non-profit, participating in a case competition, or managing a portfolio of close to $1M, Fellows gives students the opportunity to put classroom concepts immediately into practice.
- Fellows status and career development. Not only does Fellows participation look great on a resume, corporate partners and recruiters often request access to Fellows students as they recognize the quality of the programs and the students who participate in them.
Questions? Contact Emily Heavin at firstname.lastname@example.org.