The University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business community came together on May 5, 2016, to celebrate the achievements of top undergraduate students at the 16th annual Undergraduate Senior Awards Dinner. More than 60 students, faculty and staff attended the much-anticipated dinner in Van Munching Hall, which was one of many celebrations for seniors before course finals and commencement.
Students appreciated the chance to mingle with their peers, as well as interact with their professors outside of the classroom. The festivities were presided over by Victor Mullins, associate dean for undergraduate programs at Smith. Nine top Smith students were formally recognized for their leadership and academic achievements.
This year, the Undergraduate Program also recognized three outstanding faculty members with the inaugural Faculty Member of Distinction awards.
- Accounting: Austin Russell
- Finance: Jessica Manzione
- Information Systems: Dina Broydo
- International Business: Naya Frazier
- Management: Thais Pereria
- Marketing: Yash Mehta
- Operations Management: Jerry Gu
- Supply Chain Management: Beidi Luo
- Dean’s Leadership Award: Chris Riggs
Faculty Members of Distinction
- Jeff Miller, Lecturer, Logistics, Business & Public Policy
- Joseph Perfetti, Lecturer, Finance
- Bobby Zhou, Assistant Professor, Marketing
- Kristin LaRiviere, Office of Undergraduate Programs