The Smith School recently recognized student leaders at the Annual Undergraduate Awards Banquet held at the University Inn and Conference Center on May 5, 2005.
"It is such a pleasure to welcome everyone to the 5th Annual Smith School Undergraduate Awards Banquet," said Pat Cleveland, assistant dean for undergraduate programs. "Tonight we are celebrating Excellence and Community as we honor the best and brightest among our students, faculty and corporate partners. This annual celebration has become our premier event to bring together the members of our Smith Community for an evening of fun and fellowship.""Tonight, we celebrate the talent and energy of some of the leaders in the Smith School community," said Smith School Dean Howard Frank. "Our undergraduate students are among the finest of any business school and tonight we recognize many of them. We also celebrate the accomplishments of our faculty, alumni and corporate partners, who along with our undergraduate and graduate students are part of the growing Smith School community of leaders for the digital economy. Please join me in congratulating them."
Outstanding Senior Awards:
- Accounting: Keeran Lewis
- Finance: Zachariah Barratt
- General Business: Rebecca Wright
- Information Systems: Joseph Yoon
- International Business: Monika Goel
- Logistics, Transportation, and Supply Chain Management:Lauri Ann Silnutzer
- Marketing: Mark Weinstein
- Operations and Quality Management: Martin Shatzer
Deans Meritorious Service Award:
- Jessi Combs
- Genevieve Oliver
Deans Spirit Award:
- Danhao Wu
Deans Leadership Award:
- Alan Grantham, Jr.
SUSA Faculty Appreciation Award:
- Mary Harms
SUSA Organization of the Year Award:
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
Deans Graduate of Distinction:
- Mark Weinstein
Employers of Distinction:
- JPMorgan Chase
Distinguished Alumnus Award:
- John Brown III 73
Krowe Teaching Excellence Awards:
- J. Robert Baum, Management & Organization
- Judy Frels, Marketing
- James Peters, Accounting
- Galit Shmueli, Decision & Information Technology
- Kathy Boyle, Marketing
- William McClenahan, Logistics, Business and Public Policy
Legg Mason Teaching Innovation Award:
- Rebecca Hamilton, Marketing
Graduate Assistant Awardees:
- Carl Ullrich, Ph.D.
- Corey Angst, Ph.D.
- Nevena Koukova, Ph.D.