PhD Candidate Tracks Rise of Peer-to-peer Online Lending in China
Management & Organization
First it was The New York Times. Then The Baltimore Sun. Now The Washington Post has followed suit, requiring online readers to buy a subscription.
How to increase innovation in any organization
Entrepreneurship goes beyond starting and running new businesses. All organizations need people who think like entrepreneurs to innovate, move forward and stay ahead.
In this edition of Smith Business Close-Up with the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business, host Jeff Salkin sits down with Elana Fine, managing director of the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship, to talk about startups, innovation and the University of Maryland’s community of entrepreneurs.
As part of the Global Fellows Program at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business, three groups of undergraduate students got the unique opportunity to play the role of professional consultants last week, pitching real-life business solutions to an international non-profit organization. The experience is part of a course for Global Fellows – BMGT 468P “Practicum in Global Consulting” – that offers students the chance to partner directly with a global organization in an effort to develop effective and executable new business strategies.
Whistleblowers can play in important role in putting a stop to unethical or illegal behavior within organizations. But how can organizations head off unethical behavior in the first place? Does it only come from the top down? [VIDEO]
Stephanie Eckerd, Assistant Professor in the Department of Logistics, Business, and Public Policy and Paulo Prochno, Tyser Teaching Fellow and Associate Chair of the Department of Management and Organization, traveled to Sub-Saharan Africa and India, respectively, on Faculty Development in International Business (FDIB) grants this year. Dr.
The following adjunct faculty members teach in the Management & Organization department at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- Jonathan Aberman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Antico-Majkowski, email@example.com
- Jennifer Armstrong, Jennifer_Armstrong@rhsmith.umd.edu
- Yusuf Azizullah, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Gabriel, email@example.com
- Judith Gebhardt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Geppi, email@example.com
- David Kressler, Kressler.David@principal.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Muller, email@example.com
- James B. Sanders, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Spina, email@example.com
- Martin Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org