The Robert H. Smith School of Business has expanded its reputation as a research and knowledge hub with top-25 showings in three recent worldwide rankings.
Management & Organization
The University of Maryland offers a set of “Fearless Ideas” courses through its Academy for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (AIE), a signature initiative to infuse the university with a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across all colleges, building on the institution's excellence as a research university.
The Robert H. Smith School of Business will offer four Fearless Ideas courses in fall 2014:
On March 28, 2014, at the North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Bethesda, Md., students, faculty and business professionals met for the third annual Smith School Business Summit. This year’s theme looked at innovation as an essential building block for the prosperity and survival of corporations. With more than 600 registered attendants, it was the largest Summit yet.
The Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) has awarded two PhD candidates at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business $4,000 each to support international business-related research focused on Chile and China.
Congratulations to the Top Graduating Seniors in each major for 2013-14! We will honor these seniors at our 14th Annual Robert H. Smith School of Business Undergraduate Awards Dinner later this semester.
Dean's Leadership Award: Stephanie Graf
Accounting: Kristen Ballou
Finance: Hrach Kelejian
Information Systems: Miles Dickinson
International Business: Claire Moriarty
Management: Sara Ali
Marketing: Lindsay Djuhadi
Successful businesses thrive on innovation. It’s the key to a competitive advantage and should be part of every business strategy and strategic vision.
Discover ways to jumpstart your innovation strategy in 2014 and beyond. Join us for the third annual Smith School Business Summit, presented by the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business on Friday, March 28 at the Marriott North Bethesda.
Tips for Entrepreneurs
Major: Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
University of Maryland, College Park
Ph.D., Strategy, Expected May 2016
National University of Singapore, Singapore, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Bachelor of Social Sciences (First Class Honors), 2000-2004
My research examines the role of followers in the workplace, and the dynamic processes in which their behaviors influence important outcomes in organizations.
Working collaboration with Smith Faculty and students:
Currently, I am working with several faculty members, including Susan Taylor, Hui Liao, Myeong-Gu Seo, and Vijaya Venkataramani.
Working Papers and Work Under Review:
• Wee. X. M. E., Taylor, M. S. (In preparation). Does change flow upwards? Translating the psychological mechanism and processes explaining why and how work unit’s routine changes lead to continuous organizational change. Writing Stage. Target: Academy of Management Review.
• Wee. X. M. E., Liao, H., &, Liu, D. (In preparation). The challenges of being leader-dependent – Unraveling the art of follower’s balancing strategies in the context of abusive supervision. Data Collection. Target: Academy of Management Journal.
• Wee. X. M. E., Venkataramani, V. (In preparation). The missing link? Translating employees’ creativity to implementation through supervisor’s sponsorship. Data Collection. Target: Academy of Management Journal.
Managerial and Organizational Cognition Division, “Diamond in the Rough” Award - Best Faculty Proposal with Hui Liao. Academy of Management Meeting, Boston, MA. 2012.
Tan Ean Kiam Postgraduate Scholarship, 2011.
Lee Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship, 2011.
Special Book Prize, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore – Best Student, 2004
BRYAN K. STROUBE
Major: Strategic management and entrepreneurship
• PhD Student – University of Maryland, 2009-present
• Master of Science in Economics – Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2007
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Purdue University, 2006
• Bachelor of Arts in English – Purdue University, 2006
ZS Associates (management consulting), 2007-2009
University of Maryland, Research Assistant, 2009-present