We strongly discourage the use of noisemakers during commencement. Please refrain from bringing noisemakers or any other instrument that may distract the students, speakers, faculty/staff, and other audience members.
Alcohol & Weapons
No alcohol or weapons of any sort may be brought into the facility.
Prohibited Items & Behaviors
- Outside Food or Drink of any kind*
- Illegal Substances
- Fireworks / Firearms
- Weapons (both real and facsimiles)
- Flammables of any kind
- Laser Pointers
- Artificial Noisemakers
- Skateboards / Bicycles
- Dangerous or Disruptive Behavior
- Signage, Apparel or other Items that display, depict or represent recognizable symbols and/or words, including nooses and swastikas, that incite, intimidate, or threaten members of the University of Maryland community.
- Sign Poles or Sign Sticks
- Soliciting / Loitering / Trespassing
- Video Cameras
- Backpacks / Bags that are not clear and over 12” x 6” x 12”. Please refer to Bag Policy for more information.
- Resale of Ticket
- Pass-Outs / Re-Entry
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
Dress Code for Guests
While there is not an official dress code, we suggest business casual to business attire.
There is not a clear bag policy for commencement. All bags will be subject to search upon entry and are subject to additional searches within the arena. We highly discourage any bags, as they will lead to long lines and waiting times to enter Xfinity. Backpacks and bags larger than 8" x 11" x 12" are prohibited. Guests are encouraged to return unauthorized items to their vehicles. The University of Maryland cannot safeguard items which are not permitted into the stadium. Violators of the rules or any state or city laws will be refused admission or asked to leave.