December 4, 2018
Dear Graduation Candidate,
The faculty and staff of The Robert H. Smith School of Business wish to congratulate you on your candidacy for graduation, and we hope your graduation will be filled with joy and celebration. Below is information about the upcoming commencement activities.
Campus Commencement Ceremony
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018, at 6 p.m. in the Xfinity Center.
- For this ceremony, graduates will assemble in academic regalia (cap & gown) in the Pavilion (auxiliary gymnasium) of the Xfinity Center at 5 p.m.
- The procession of graduates onto the floor of the Xfinity Center will begin promptly at 5:40 p.m.
- The Xfinity Center’s doors will open at 4:30 p.m.
- No tickets are required for guests attending the campus commencement ceremony.
- Get more details about this ceremony.
- For special accommodations for guests or graduates at the campus ceremony, contact the Office of Special Events at email@example.com or 301-405-4638.
Smith School Commencement Ceremony
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018, at 12 p.m. in the Xfinity Center.
- Graduates and guests should arrive at the Xfinity Center by 11 a.m. to be able to participate and view the graduate procession, which will begin prior to the start of the 12 p.m. ceremony.
- At 11 a.m. graduates should report to the Pavilion (auxiliary gymnasium) of the Xfinity Center (Room 0601, located on the southeast end of the Xfinity Center) to line up for the procession.
- No tickets are required for guests at the Smith School ceremony.
- The ceremony should conclude by 1:45 p.m., giving you, your friends, and family time to go out for a celebratory meal after the ceremony.
- We ask guests and graduates to refrain from bringing noisemakers or any other instrument that may distract graduates, speakers, faculty/staff, and other audience members. In addition, no balloons or strollers are allowed in the Xfinity Center.
- We ask that all attendees remain for the entire ceremony so that we can give each graduate their full recognition.
- Concession stands in the Xfinity Center will be operating throughout commencement day.
- Be aware that traffic on campus and on the area roads and highways could be heavy the day of commencement. The University recommends that graduates and guests attending ceremonies at the Xfinity Center avoid traveling through the center of campus and enter the Xfinity Center via route 193.
- The Smith School's December commencement ceremony will be streamed live online.
- Get more details on the Smith School’s ceremony.
- Please contact the Office of Smith Programs and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-9420 to make arrangements for guests or degree candidates who will need special accommodations for the Smith School ceremony. Closed captioning is provided on the jumbo screens at the Smith School ceremony.
Congratulations, and we are looking forward to celebrating graduation with you.