March 2, 2018
Dear Graduation Candidate,
The faculty and staff of The Robert H. Smith School of Business wish to congratulate you on your candidacy for graduation, and we hope your graduation activities will be events filled with joy and celebration. Below is information about the upcoming commencement activities.
Campus Commencement Ceremony
- Sunday, May 20, 2018, at 1 p.m. in the Xfinity Center.
- For this ceremony, graduates will assemble in academic regalia (cap & gown) in Lot 4B at the Xfinity Center by 11:30 a.m. The procession of graduates onto the floor of the Xfinity Center will begin promptly at 12:20 p.m.
- Tickets are required for the May campus-wide ceremony.
- Please visit the website for more information.
- For special accommodations for guests or graduates at the Campus Ceremony, contact the Office of Special Events via email at email@example.com or call 301-405-4638.
Smith School Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
- Saturday, May 19, 2018, in the Xfinity Center.
- Graduates and guests should arrive at the Xfinity Center at 4 p.m. to be able to participate and view the graduate procession, which will begin prior to the start of the 5 p.m. ceremony.
- At 4 p.m. graduates should report to the Pavilion (auxiliary gymnasium) of the Xfinity Center (Room 0601, located on the southeast end of the Xfinity Center) to line up for the procession.
- No tickets are required for guests attending the Smith School Ceremony.
- The ceremony should conclude by 7 p.m., giving you, your friends, and family time to celebrate after the ceremony.
- We ask guests and graduates to refrain from bringing noisemakers or any other instrument that may distract graduates, speakers, faculty/staff, and other audience members. In addition, we ask that all attendees remain for the entire ceremony so we can give each graduate their full recognition.
- Concession stands in the Xfinity Center will be operating throughout commencement day.
- Be aware that traffic on campus and on the area roads and highways will be heavy the morning of Commencement. The University recommends that graduates and guests attending ceremonies at the Xfinity Center avoid traveling through the center of campus and enter the Xfinity Center via route 193.
- The Smith School's Spring Commencement Ceremony will be streamed live online.
- Visit the website for more details on the Smith School’s ceremony.
- Please contact the Office of Smith Programs and Events via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-405-9420 to make arrangements for guests or degree candidates who will need special accommodations for the Smith School ceremony. Closed caption is provided on the jumbo screens at the Smith School Ceremony. Sign language interpreters are available upon request through the Disability Support Service and these arrangements must be made at least three weeks prior to commencement.
Again, we congratulate you on your accomplishments and are looking forward to celebrating graduation with you.
Undergraduate Program Office