How can I help support Smith Day?
You can support Smith Day in three ways:
- Participate - join fellow Smith Terps for one or more of the scheduled activities
- Communicate - when you see posts about Smith Day from Smith Alumni Relations, please do the following: (a) "Like" the post, and (b) Retweet, repost, and share with other Smith Terps (students, alumni, faculty, or staff) in your network,
- Create your own Smith Day posts using the hashtag #UMDSmithProud to show why you are proud to be a Smith Terp
Also, make sure you are following the Alumni Relations social media accounts so you don’t miss any information.
How do I participate in the activities?
Visit the activities page for a detailed description and for instructions for the activity of interest. Some activities require pre-registration, so make sure you complete the registration page(s), where applicable. For the activities that require participation via social media, visit the Smith Alumni social media accounts for additional details.
Don’t forget to include the Smith Day hashtag (#UMDSmithProud) on your posts.
Are there any technical needs for the activities?
Some of the Smith Day activities will incorporate a level of technology. The live events (the Wellness Break, the Purpose Project, Ask Alumni, and Game Night) will be on Zoom, so make sure you have an active Zoom account. For these activities, it will also be helpful to have a working camera and microphone on your computer and/or phone.
For other events, you will need access to social media - Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. For example, the Scavenger Hunt items will be posted to the Smith Alumni social media accounts.
Will there be an annual Smith Day Sticker and Pennant?
Yes, there is a 2020 Smith Day sticker and pennant. Visit the virtual swag page to download your virtual sticker and pennant.
I would like to be considered for a Smith Day Spotlight. What is the process?
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Smith Day Spotlights. We use short social media spotlights to highlight why Smith Terps are #UMDSmithProud. To be considered for a Spotlight, please complete the Spotlight Form.
How do I get Maryland Gear?
If you would like to purchase some new Maryland gear, visit the campus bookstore.
I want to send a thank you to my favorite Smith professor (or Smith staff member). How do I do that?
Thanking a fellow Smith Terp is a great way to participate in Smith Day. There are two ways you can thank your favorite Smith professor or staff member.
- Post it to the Smith Day Thank You/Shout Out Wall - Share a note of thanks for a friend, classmate, alumnus, colleague, faculty or staff member on the wall
- Send a direct email - If you don’t know their email address, visit the Smith School’s Directory to locate the email address. Then, type a nice note of thanks and/or gratitude and send it to your favorite Smith Terp(s).
Also, don’t forget the Smith Day Gratitude Challenge. After you send your note, post a picture of you sharing your gratitude on Twitter or Instagram for a chance to win a Smith Day prize pack. Details are included on the main page.