Do you want to:
- Engage in a real-world consulting project for a global client?
- Network with business leaders from around the world?
- Develop your global business savvy to distinguish yourself in an increasingly global job market?
- Expand your academic focus? (Program is open to all BMGT majors)
Mark Wellman is the faculty champion for the Global Consulting Fellows program. Wellman has led more than 1,200 students on short-term study abroad courses to the United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Malaysia. He also leads students on an annual West Coast Innovation Immersion course to Silicon Valley, Seattle, Portland, etc. Students will benefit from his vast network of domestic and global professional leaders whom he invites into the classroom as guest speakers and will be welcome to join him when off-campus excursions resume.
Curriculum: One-Year Program
- This program requires a full-year commitment because of the spring semester consulting project. Students who expect to spend a semester abroad should not apply.
- BMGT 466F (Global Strategy) — Fall
- BMGT 468P (Fellows Program Practicum in Global Business) — Spring
Global consulting fellows have interned or received full-time offers from:
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow
- Fannie Mae
- Johnson & Johnson
- Deloitte Consulting
- The Hershey Company
- Open to all business majors. You may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as an internal transfer student, but fellows admission would be contingent upon admission to the Smith School.
- Rising junior or senior; rising sophomores who have completed 220, 230 and are completing the 300 level BMGT core classes during the 2020-21 academic year will be considered.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Applications open on a limited basis – email SmithFellows@umd.edu.