Want to be a leader? Want to set yourself apart from all other accounting majors? Want to earn money while helping your colleagues?
As an Accounting Teaching Scholar (ATS), you will:
- Serve as discussion leaders and teaching assistants for the beginning accounting courses, BMGT 220 and 221.
- Review financial/managerial accounting material in preparation for the CPA exam.
- Practice organizational and delivery skills.
- Receive monetary compensation without leaving campus.
- Benefit from a one-credit mentoring course in preparation for roles as leaders and teaching assistants.
- Teach two 50-minute discussion sections of the same course on Friday each semester.
- Maintain five hours of office hours per week.
- Grade quizzes for discussion sections (quizzes provided by faculty)
- Proctor 5-6 exams per semester.
- Prepare for weekly class (assignments provided by faculty).
- Enroll in BMGT398C Undergraduate Teaching Scholars Training for 1 credit in the fall semester.
- Studying abroad for a semester (fall or spring) is not encouraged (and may be a reason for not being accepted into the program)
- Earn $2,700 per semester ($12 per hour for 15 hours per week for 15 weeks)
- One credit course in teaching methods (will require completion of assignments provided by faculty).
- The position is for two semesters (fall and spring semesters of the coming academic year).
- Be an accounting major.
- Complete BMGT 310, 311, and 321 by end of the semester of application.
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA with a "B" or better in BMGT 310, 311, or 321.
- Complete Public Speaking course (COMM 100, 107 or 200) by end of the semester of application.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – WILL REOPEN IN FALL 2021.