Wall Street Finance Fellows is designed to improve education and employment opportunities for undergraduates interested in careers on Wall Street, including investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales and trading, asset management and private banking. Students will learn how to compete for these positions, interview successfully, and excel in their internship.
Students are matched with an alum in the growing Smith School community on Wall Street. Students receive individual coaching preparing them to compete for a summer investment banking internship which will well-position them to secure a full-time position in the industry upon graduation.
Julie Pavlovsky is the faculty champion for this program.
Watch a video testimonial from a fellows program student.
Curriculum: One-Year Program
- BMGT398W: One-credit course focusing on the investment industry, including industry speakers and interview prep.
To be taken spring semester of sophomore year
- BMGT342F: Wall Street Finance, a case-based course focusing on the skills needed on Wall Street.
To be taken fall semester of junior year
- Trip to New York City to visit investment banks and network with alumni.
- Networking with an assigned Smith alumni industry mentor.
- Compete for a summer internship in the investment banking industry.
- Career workshops, Wall Street prep - Wall Street commercial careers course.
Examples of companies where Wall Street Fellows have interned or received full-time offers:
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML)
- Finance majors — you may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as an internal transfer student, but fellows program admission is contingent upon admission to the Smith School, College Park.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, 3.5 GPA preferred.
- Sophomores (rising juniors).
- The student must be available for a summer internship in the summer between their junior and senior year — the goal of the program is to assist you in your internship search.
WALL STREET FELLOWS APPLICATIONS FOR COURSEWORK BEGINNING SPRING 2021 ARE NOW CLOSED. PLEASE SEE OTHER FELLOWS PAGES FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES.