(Formerly Junior Wall Street Fellows)
Wall Street Finance Fellows is designed to improve education and employment opportunities for undergraduates interested in careers on Wall Street, including investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales and trading, asset management and private banking. Students will learn how to compete for these positions, interview successfully, and excel in their internship.
Students are matched with an alum in the growing Smith School community on Wall Street. Students receive individual coaching preparing them to compete for a summer investment banking internship which will well-position them to secure a full-time position in the industry upon graduation.
Julie Pavlovsky is the faculty champion for this program.
Click here for a Fellows student testimonial.
Curriculum: one-year program
NEW Spring 2018-Fall 2018 Cohort
- BMGT398W (one-credit course focusing on the investment industry, including industry speakers and interview prep) - Spring of sophomore year
- BMGT340 (Business Finance) - Spring of sophomore year, if not already completed before entering the program
- BMGT342F (Wall Street Finance, a case-based course focusing on the skills needed on Wall Street) - Fall of junior year
- BMGT313 (Financial Statement Analysis) - Recommended, but not required
Fall 2017-Spring 2018 Cohort
- BMGT313 (Financial Statement Analysis) - Fall semester or may take before entering the program
- BMGT398W (one-credit course focusing on the investment industry, including industry speakers and interview prep) - Fall of junior year
- BMGT342F (Wall Street Finance, a case-based course focusing on the skills needed on Wall Street) - Spring of junior year
- Career workshops, Wall Street Prep course subsidy, Wall Street commercial careers course.
- Trip to New York City to visit investment banks and network with alumni.
- Networking with an assigned Smith alumni industry mentor.
- Compete for a summer internship in the investment banking industry.
Students are required to attend Finance Fellows Networking Night in the Fall plus two other co-curricular events as approved by the Finance Fellows team.
Examples of companies where Wall Street Fellows have interned or received full-time offers:
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Finance majors (You may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as an internal transfer student, but Fellows admission would be contingent upon admission to the Smith School, College Park.)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, 3.5 GPA preferred.
- Sophomores (rising juniors).
- Student must be available for a summer internship the summer between their junior and senior year (goal of program is to assist you in your internship search).
Applications for Wall Street Fellows were open Fall 2017 for admission for Spring 2018, and the program is currently full.
The next cohort of Wall Street Fellows will be admitted Fall 2018 for Spring 2019. Please note that Wall Street Fellows follows a separate application timeline from other Fellows programs.
- Online application form
- Cover letter – Explains why you want to be a part of this program, what you can bring to the program, and what you hope to gain from participating. Address your cover letter to the faculty champion for this Fellows program.
- Note: Cover letter and resume must be submitted in pdf format.