Do you want to:
- Learn about corporate finance and investment banking?
- Understand the strategies of corporate finance by making an in-depth analysis?
- Have real consulting experience with a company in the finance field?
- Participate in a case competition with cash prizes?
- Enhance leadership and communication skills?
- Attend the Annual Finance Fellows Networking Night for one-on-one networking with dozens of industry professionals and potential mentors?
- Enjoy being in a dedicated fellows section of Financial Management, BMGT440F?
Previously, Emerging CFO student teams worked with the CEO of greeNEWit, a Columbia, MD, energy audit company and advised them of financing options to fuel the firm's expected growth.
Sue White is the faculty champion for this program.
CURRICULUM: ONE-YEAR PROGRAM
- BMGT340 (Business Finance) — Sophomore year or fall of junior year
- BMGT313F (Financial Statement Analysis) — Fall
- BMGT440F (Financial Management) — Spring
Examples of companies where ECFO Fellows have interned or received full-time offers:
- Signal Hill
- Andersen Tax
- JPMorgan Chase
- Be a finance major. You may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as an internal transfer student, but Fellows admission would be contingent upon admission to the Smith School, College Park.
- Rising junior or senior.
- A grade of B- or better in BMGT340. May complete either spring semester at the time of application or fall semester. Admission is provisional contingent upon satisfactory completion of BMGT340.
Applications for ECFOs for 2019-2020 are due February 18, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online application form
- Cover letter: Should be addressed to the faculty champion for this program and explain: 1) WHY you want to be involved in this fellows program; 2) WHAT will YOU add to the program; 3) HOW will it fit your academic/career plans. Limit 1-2 pages, PDF only.
Note: Cover letter and resume must be submitted in PDF format.