Want to be a leader? Want to set yourself apart from all other accounting majors? Want to earn money while helping your colleagues?
As an Accounting Teaching Scholar (ATS), you will:
- Serve as discussion leaders and teaching assistants for the beginning accounting courses, BMGT 220 and 221.
- Review financial/managerial accounting material in preparation for the CPA exam.
- Practice organizational and delivery skills.
- Receive monetary compensation without leaving campus.
- Benefit from a one-credit mentoring course in preparation for roles as leaders and teaching assistants.
- Teach two 50-minute discussion sections of the same course on Friday each semester.
- Maintain five hours of office hours per week.
- Grade quizzes for discussion sections (quizzes provided by faculty)
- Proctor 5-6 exams per semester.
- Prepare for weekly class (assignments provided by faculty).
- Enroll in BMGT398C Undergraduate Teaching Scholars Training for 1 credit in the fall semester.
- Earn $2,700 per semester ($12 per hour for 15 hours per week for 15 weeks)
- One credit course in teaching methods (will require completion of assignments provided by faculty).
- The position is for two semesters (fall and spring semesters of the coming academic year).
- Be an accounting major.
- Complete BMGT 310, 311, and 321 by end of the semester of application.
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA with a "B" or better in BMGT 310, 311, or 321.
- Complete Public Speaking course (COMM 100, 107 or 200) by end of the semester of application.
Applications for this fellows program with coursework beginning in fall 2020 will be open from late November 2019, until mid-February 2020. Please check back for details.