Applicants must submit the following materials for consideration by the deadline of January 3.
We look forward to receiving your application for admission. Please visit the University of Maryland Graduate School Admissions website for complete application instructions. The following information should help you in properly completing your application for our specific programs. If you have questions or have technical difficulties, please check the FAQs before contacting the UMD Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1. On-Line Application Form
All applicants are required to submit an application form, even if you are reapplying to the program. We strongly encourage all applicants to complete the online application form. Be sure to read the instructions before creating an account.
While some sections are self-explanatory, we ask that you note the following for these specific sections of the application:
- Term of entrance: Fall 20__
- College/School: Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Program of study: Business and Management (BPHD)
- Degree: PhD
- Upload your statement of purpose/personal statement.
- Area of interest: Please choose from the nine fields of study offered. You can only choose one area of interest. Should you want to apply to another field of study, you will need to complete another application.
Accounting and Information Assurance Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management Finance Operations Management/Management Science Information Systems Strategic Management Marketing Supply Chain Management Managerial Economics
- List previous education in the order required on the application.
- Do not list any non-degree/certificate programs that do not offer transcript(s).
- Upload a scanned copy of the official transcript for each degree/institution listed.
- International transcripts: upload in one document/PDF both the original language transcript and the English translated version.
- Official transcripts may be required at a later time.
- If the program has just begun, provide a transcript showing the registered course work.
- Updated transcripts may be sent to the PhD Program Office at email@example.com if the application has already been submitted.
- If interested in our financial package, say "yes" to be considered for a graduate assistantship or fellowship.
- Please complete the supplementary application and follow the instructions on the document.
- The resume/CV is required.
- All other supplementary information is optional.
- Must provide three recommendation providers and their information.
- Upon submission of the application, applicants will be able to "renotify" recommenders.
- Any changes to the recommendation providers can be made by emailing the University of Maryland Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Once you submit the application, you cannot change the application nor any submitted documents. If applicable you may send updated transcripts to email@example.com to show grades for the fall semester.
Step 2. Submit and Pay the Application Fee
All applicants must pay a US $75 non-refundable application fee to officially submit the on-line application. Applicants are responsible for paying this fee regardless of the admissions decision, choice to enroll, or whether any other supporting materials have been submitted. Application fee waivers are monitored by the University of Maryland Graduate School.
Step 3. Submit the Official Test Scores
All applicants must take and submit official score reports to the Graduate School for either the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Applicants' scores must be less than five years old as of the application deadline.
If you have not taken either of these tests within the last five years, we strongly encourage you to sign up early to ensure your score report is received from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) prior to the application deadline.
Institution Codes for Standardized Tests