Maryland Smith’s Master of Finance (MFin) program gives you the advanced skills you’ll need to launch an exciting career in finance.
- Explore key finance concepts and learn the latest industry technologies, such as Python and R
- Combine the theories you learn in class with projects and experiences that mirror what you'll do in the workplace
- Learn useful skills that can prepare you to take the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) exams
- Gain career insights from Maryland Smith’s finance career coaches and professors with years of relevant business experience
- Complete your degree in 2, 3 or 4 Semesters
- Total of 30 Credits
- Two Specialized Tracks
- Financial Analysis and Risk Management
- Asset Management
Take Advanced Courses
Financial Strategy for Corporations
Explore how to strategically tackle the complex challenges firms face when their capital and external finances change.
Examine the special nature of banks and other financial institutions, analyzing its functions, policies, services and regulation.
Machine Learning in Finance
Discover how to apply advanced data management techniques, and focus on developing the analytical models widely used within the finance industry.
2020 Student Profile
Average Undergrad GPA
Average GRE Score
Average GMAT Score
“There are professors at Smith who are renowned across the world for their theories in finance. It was a unique opportunity to learn material from people who were creating those theories.”
Master of Finance ’15
VP of Asset Management; Independence Realty Trust, Inc.
Source: Financial Times, 2018