Friday, September 14, 2018 | 9 a.m.–2 p.m. | Xfinity Center
Smith undergraduate majors, QUEST students, and Smith undergraduate alumni — don't miss Smith's largest recruiting event! Employers will be recruiting for externship, internship and full-time opportunities for all business majors. Over 120 employers are expected!
Check out the information below to make sure you're ready to shine! More detailed information will be provided prior to the start of the fall semester.
Download the Robert H. Smith 2017 Spring Career Fair app in the App Store or Google Play to explore companies that attended the spring fair. Review preparation tips and attire guidelines to get ready to shine, and check HireSmith at the beginning of the new year for information on how to download the spring career fair app.
Event Details & Registration
9–10 a.m.: First Look — The fair opens early for Smith freshmen and sophomores! Get a chance to visit with companies particularly interested in underclassmen before the rush of the fair starts.
10 a.m.–2 p.m.: Fair Opens — The fair is open to Smith undergraduate majors, Smith undergraduate alumni, and QUEST students.
Advanced registration on HireSmith is strongly encouraged. Student registration will open in July.
A company list will be updated as the date of the fair approaches. Past companies have included: Accenture, Amazon.com, Bank of America, Capital One, Central Intelligence Agency, Deloitte, EY, Hilti, JPMorgan Chase, KPMG, Macy's, McCormick, Morgan Stanley, Nestle, P&G, PepsiCo, PwC, Ross Stores, Stanley Black & Decker, Target, and Under Armour.
This summer, students will receive information on downloading the career fair app, which will include full company list and detailed profiles.
Guidelines for Business Professional Dress
Business professional attire is REQUIRED for entrance to the fair. Students who are not dressed appropriately will not be allowed entrance into the fair.
Your appearance matters a great deal to your brand, the Smith brand, and our employers. Your attire should reflect your professional brand. As a general rule for the fair, dress in business professional attire similar to what you would wear for a professional interview.
Review the attire tips below, and download this attire guide for full information and expectations.
Men's Professional Attire
- A suit jacket and tie must be worn to all business professional events.
- Suit jacket and pants must match in color and material. A navy blazer with khaki pants is not considered business professional.
- Shirt and tie should enhance your outfit, not overpower it.
- Socks should match the suit (e.g., navy socks with a navy suit).
- Gold, silver or good imitation watches are acceptable. Avoid digital watches and other jewelry.
- Any facial hair should be clean and neatly groomed.
Women's Professional Attire
- Suit jacket and bottom (either skirt or pants) should match in color and material. If you choose to wear a skirt, the length should at least meet the knee.
- A professional sheath dress with a suit jacket is another option for women's professional dress. The dress and jacket do not need to match in color, but should at least be well complemented.
- Choose a small, one or two-inch leather heel to provide the most polished look. Avoid open-toed shoes and overly high heels.
- Avoid distracting jewelry; all accessories should be conservative and bring attention to the face.
- The best colors for suits are navy, gray and black.
- Apparel should be clean, neatly pressed, and fit well. Avoid clothes that are wrinkled, baggy, tight or revealing.
- Hair should be clean, neat, and away from your face.
- Fragrances, jewelry, and hairstyle should not detract from your professional image.
Tips for a Successful Career Fair
Be sure to take time to prepare for the fair so you can increase the value of your interactions with employers and really show off your professional brand.
Review this guide that walks you through helpful tips for before, during and after the fair.
For additional questions and information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Office of Career Services during walk-in hours during the fall semester every Monday through Friday from Noon–2 p.m. in 2520 Van Munching Hall.