Friday, September 20, 2019 | 9 a.m.–2 p.m. | Xfinity Center
Smith undergraduate majors, QUEST students, and Smith undergraduate alumni — don't miss Smith's largest recruiting event! Employers will be recruiting for externship, internship and full-time opportunities for all business majors. Over 140 companies are expected!
Check out the information below to make sure you're ready to shine!
Download the Robert H. Smith Career Fair app in the App Store or Google Play to explore companies that attended the spring fair. The app will be updated with content for the fall fair later in the summer.
Event Details & Registration
9–10 a.m.: First Look — The fair opens early for Smith freshmen and sophomores! Get a chance to visit with companies particularly interested in underclassmen before the rush of the fair starts.
10 a.m.–2 p.m.: Fair Opens — The fair is open to Smith undergraduate majors, Smith undergraduate alumni, and QUEST students.
Advanced registration on HireSmith is strongly encouraged. Student registration will open in May.
Students can view registered companies on HireSmith under Events (Smith Undergraduate Career Fair | Spring 2019). Past companies have included: Accenture, Amazon.com, Bank of America, Capital One, Central Intelligence Agency, Deloitte, EY, The Hershey Company, Hilti, JPMorgan Chase, KPMG, Macy's, McCormick, Morgan Stanley, P&G, PepsiCo, PwC, Ross Stores, Stanley Black & Decker, Target, and Under Armour.
This summer, the Smith Career Fair app will be updated with all fall fair information, including a full company list and detailed profiles.
Guidelines for Business Professional Dress
Business professional attire is REQUIRED for entrance to the fair. Students who are not dressed appropriately will not be allowed entrance into the fair.
Your appearance matters a great deal to your brand, the Smith brand, and our employers. Your attire should reflect your professional brand. As a general rule for the fair, dress in business professional attire similar to what you would wear for a professional interview.
Review the attire tips below, and download this attire guide for full information and expectations.
Men's Professional Attire
- A suit jacket and tie must be worn to all business professional events.
- Suit jacket and pants must match in color and material. A navy blazer with khaki pants is not considered business professional.
- Shirt and tie should enhance your outfit, not overpower it.
- Socks should match the suit (e.g., navy socks with a navy suit).
- Gold, silver or good imitation watches are acceptable. Avoid digital watches and other jewelry.
- Any facial hair should be clean and neatly groomed.
Women's Professional Attire
- Suit jacket and bottom (either skirt or pants) should match in color and material. If you choose to wear a skirt, the length should at least meet the knee.
- A professional sheath dress with a suit jacket is another option for women's professional dress. The dress and jacket do not need to match in color, but should at least be well complemented.
- Choose a small, one or two-inch leather heel to provide the most polished look. Avoid open-toed shoes and overly high heels.
- Avoid distracting jewelry; all accessories should be conservative and bring attention to the face.
- The best colors for suits are navy, gray and black.
- Apparel should be clean, neatly pressed, and fit well. Avoid clothes that are wrinkled, baggy, tight or revealing.
- Hair should be clean, neat, and away from your face.
- Fragrances, jewelry, and hairstyle should not detract from your professional image.
Tips for a Successful Career Fair
Be sure to take time to prepare for the fair so you can increase the value of your interactions with employers and really show off your professional brand.
Review this guide that walks you through helpful tips for before, during and after the fair.
For additional questions and information, please email email@example.com or visit the Office of Career Services during walk-in hours during the fall and spring semesters every Monday through Friday from Noon–2 p.m. in 2520 Van Munching Hall.