The Smith School Office of Career Services is excited to host its annual fall Smith Undergraduate Career Fair - virtually! This event brings together top employers and talented undergraduates from the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business. This year's fair will be a two-day virtual event, with full-time hiring happening on day one and externship and internship hiring happening on day two.
This fair is open to Smith undergraduate students and Smith undergraduate alumni. Students will be seeking externships, internships and full-time opportunities from all eight business majors: accounting, finance, marketing, supply chain management, operations management and business analytics, information systems, management, and international business.
September 17: 3-6 p.m. | Hiring for Entry-Level Full-Time Roles
September 18: Noon-3 p.m. | Hiring for Externships and Internships
The virtual fair will take place using the Simplicity/Careers4Terps platform. This dynamic platform offers video engagement with candidates in 1:1 and group settings, unlimited number of company representatives, ability to view candidate resumes and record notes, and more.
The virtual capabilities will allow employers to use their own preferred video conference platforms (WebEx, BlueJeans, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) to engage with candidates in two ways:
- Group Virtual Video Sessions: Employers can host an open session for candidates to interact with multiple candidates simultaneously. This option is a great way to host mini-company overview sessions and invite general Q&A.
- 1-on-1 Virtual Video Chats: Employers can have an unlimited number of representatives on hand to interact with interested candidates one-on-one for a designated period of time.
Employer registration is available at the links below below. Please select the day your company plans to attend. If your company plans to participate both days, please use the day one link and you will have an option to select both days on that registration form. You do not need to complete the form twice.
Day One: September 17
3-6 p.m. — Full-time Roles
Day Two: September 18
Noon-3 p.m. — Externships & Internships
Career Fair Pricing
We are offering reduced pricing for this virtual event format.
One Day Rate
Applies to companies participating on either Sept. 17 or Sept. 18.
- For-Profit Organizations: $500
- Government Agencies: $250
- Non-Profit Organizations & Start-ups: $100
Two Day Rate
Applies to companies participating on both Sept. 17 and Sept. 18.
- For-Profit Organizations: $750
- Government Agencies: $375
- Non-Profit Organizations & Start-ups: $150
Prior to completing the registration form, we highly recommend you do the following:
- Review the Employer Registration Form — this will help prepare you with all the information you will need to complete the registration appropriately.
- Review the Employer Registration Training Video — 10-minute tutorial to help provide an overview of the registration process.
- Review the Employer FAQ document to ensure you are fully prepared to complete the registration form.
Employers will have access to update their registration forms with additional details prior to the fair. Thus, any information one is not prepared to include initially can be updated at a later date.
The Office of Career Services will provide additional instructions, guidance, and tips on how to make the most of the virtual fair once you confirm your participation.
Did you know OCS Super Terrapin and Premier Corporate Partners receive complimentary registration for one day, along with a host of other benefits to engage with Smith students? Email Cynthia O'Brien at email@example.com to learn more about opportunities with the OCS Corporate Partners Program.
Deadlines & Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation deadline: September 3, 2020
- Payment deadline: September 3, 2020
You may cancel your registration before Thursday, September 3, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EST to receive a full refund and not owe a fair registration balance. All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any employers who cancel after this deadline, for any reason, will remain responsible for payment and no refunds will be administered. Failure to cancel in writing by the cancellation deadline will leave the employer responsible for the registration fee, regardless of circumstances.
No Show Policy
Employers who do not log in to participate on the day of the fair will remain responsible for payment.
Please reach out to the Smith Office of Career Services for additional information or inquiries. Send inquiries to email@example.com or contact our OCS team: