We are aware of the disruption and concern that the COVID-19 crisis may pose to students’ career plans, especially for those currently involved in internships, seeking summer opportunities, or transitioning into the workforce full time after graduation. The Office of Career Services remains committed to helping students navigate their career journey, and our staff stands ready to lend support during campus precautionary measures.
Due to the recent University decision that students will take classes remotely for the remainder of the spring semester, the Office of Career Services has made the following alterations and provisions for the period between March 23 – May 22. These measures have been adopted to maximize the health and safety of students and visiting employers, and minimize as much as possible the disruption to career assistance.
- All in-person career advising will be converted to virtual appointments. An increased number of appointments will be made available. Students may schedule individual virtual appointments through HireSmith.net Click on "Request a Career Advising Appointment" on the HireSmith’s homepage. Drop-in hours are suspended.
- All in-person career events and workshops are suspended. Some career events may be rescheduled for later in the semester, and alternatives to regular in-person workshops will be offered through the University’s subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
- All in-person on-campus interviews scheduled to be held in the Center are cancelled. Many employers will reschedule interviews to occur virtually, and Center staff or recruitment representatives will contact students individually to make alternate arrangements for their interviews.
- All in-person employer information sessions are cancelled. Employers may choose to conduct virtual information sessions, and OCS will post announcements about those through HireSmith and various student newsletters or social media platforms.
- General questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will monitor email 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Questions and requests will be routed to the appropriate staff member for response.
- Employers may send an email to email@example.com for a timely response.