University of Maryland: Higher expectations. Transformational learning.
One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Maryland, the Robert H. Smith School of Business is committed to the University's vision of exceptional learning that sets higher expectations and transforms the communities we serve.
Making that vision a reality requires building an inclusive community, embracing the power of technology, acting with entrepreneurial spirit, building local and global partnerships, and taking responsibility for the future.
The university is one of the leading public research universities in the U.S., with enrollment totaling 24,500 full-time students and over 2,000 part-time students. It offers over 100 undergraduate majors and 120 graduate programs.
With its main campus located in College Park, Md., eight miles from The White House, the university is a short drive or metro ride to the nerve center of leaders and thinkers who shape national and global politics, policymaking and business.
Its ties to the nation's capital, a hub of opportunity for networking, experiential learning, internships and jobs, have resulted in strong research partnerships with the Federal government.
The nation's capital is endowed with museums, national landmarks, parks, restaurants, shops and professional sports teams.
Learning at the University of Maryland is experiential. Living in the D.C. region is an experience.
- The University of Maryland, College Park, is a Carnegie Research-I University, Member Association of American Universities (AAU), Flagship of the University System of Maryland, and in Division I NCAA Athletics.
- The College Park campus is approximately 1,500 acres in Baltimore-Washington high-tech corridor.
- Wallace D. Loh was appointed President of University of Maryland, College Park in 2010. Previously, he was executive vice president and provost of The University of Iowa.
- As the state's flagship university, the University of Maryland educates the most talented students from Maryland and beyond. The university is consistently ranked among the nations best public universities and was recently named one of top "green universities" in the country.
- Faculty includes Nobel Laureates and Pulitzer Prize winners. Our students win prestigious awards for their academic achievements and civic engagement, and our graduates enjoy successful careers in their chosen fields. In the past decade, our sports teams have won 14 NCAA national championships. We embrace diversity, and we are taking advantage of our proximity to Washington, D.C., to educate tomorrow's leaders and address global challenges.
UMD Website: http://www.umd.edu