You will often hear us talk about "Terps Helping Terps." Alumni from the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business actively support a variety of career events, including industry-specific mock interviews, alumni insights workshops, industry panels and city campus networking events.
Smith also has local and global alumni chapters that collaborate to reinvest in our students, share "just-in-time" job opportunities and cultivate our expanded Smith professional community.
The Office of Career Services (OCS) works closely with our alumni at all stages of their careers. We invite you to connect with these working professionals for your senior-level hiring needs.
Management in a Minute
Get the view from the corner office with Smith’s new video series, Management in a Minute, featuring impressive Smith alumni sharing insights and advice on how to be successful in business. To view more videos, check out the full list on the Management in a Minute page.
Advice For Changing Careers with
Wendy Sanhai, a specialist leader at Deloitte Consulting, gives advice on how to successfully change careers in this episode of Management in a Minute.
She received her executive MBA from Smith in 2009.
Calling All Terps
No matter where your career has taken you, you will always be one of us. Reconnect with your classmates and the faculty and staff at the Smith School. Pay it forward and help a fellow Terp in any number of the following ways:
- Career Mentoring
- Facilitating Networking Events
- Conducting Mock Interviews
- Participating on a Career Panel
- Giving to the Smith School
Alumni should contact Stephen Bennett for more information at email@example.com.
Want to stay abreast of current business topics? Depending on your preferred method of delivery, the Smith School has various ways for you to catch up on what's being taught in the classroom.
- Smith Business magazine comes out twice a year and highlights the latest faculty research.
- Smith Brain Trust is a weekly e-newsletter with faculty insight on current topics.
- The Research at Smith website highlights faculty research, focusing on papers published in top business journals.
- Smith faculty and administrators are tapped by the world's top news outlets every day for expert commentary. Smith School in the News features a compilation of top media hits.
- Video on newsworthy hot topics, keynote speakers and event highlights is available on the Smith School YouTube channel.