Who is eligible for the Smith FedGrant?
You are eligible for Smith FedGrant if:
- You have qualified for admittance to the Smith School
- You are a civil employee of the Federal Government or the spouse of an employee of the Federal Government prior to the start of your program orientation. Military Veterans who are currently civil employees are also eligible.
- You are not a member of the military or uniformed services
- You are receiving no other tuition reductions or scholarships
How do I receive the FedGrant?
Please follow these steps:
- Start your application and select your degree program.
- Complete the section of the application titled "Business School Questions" where you are asked about your FedGrant status.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application fee waiver code.
- Please include the program to which you are applying in your email so your waiver can be processed.
- Once you receive your application fee waiver code and complete your application, you can submit your application.
After you have been admitted to the program, you will be asked to provide evidence of your employment and/or marital status. The 30 percent reduced tuition rate will be applied to the tuition for your program upon receipt of this information and will be reflected in your bill. Tuition varies by program; please check the program website for specific tuition information.
Is there a form to apply for the FedGrant?
After you are accepted to the program of your choice, you will be asked to verify your eligibility with a recent Leave and Earnings Statement (if you are a Federal Government employee) or a recent Leave and Earnings Statement plus certificate of marriage (if you are a spouse of a Federal Government employee). The reduced tuition rate will then be applied to your bill. You must provide verification of your employment and marital status each semester to continue to receive the reduced tuition rate.
I am a U.S. military veteran who also works for the Federal Government. Am I eligible for the FedGrant?
Yes. Our director of military and veteran affairs can help you understand how FedGrant works for you, as well as its use with any VA education benefits you may have. Email us at email@example.com.
If I begin working for the Federal Government after I begin my graduate program, can I apply for the Smith FedGrant program?
You need to provide proof of employment with the Federal Government prior to the first day of your new student orientation to be considered for the Smith FedGrant program.
What programs are eligible?
The following top-ranked masters programs are eligible for the FedGrant.
- Online MBA
- Part-time Flex MBA
- Executive MBA
- Master of Finance
- Master of Quantitative Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Business and Management
- Master of Science in Marketing Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Who can I contact for more information?
Part-time Flex MBA and Executive MBA - Shelbi Brookshire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online MBA program - email@example.com
Specialty Master's programs - firstname.lastname@example.org