Management & Organization
Welcome to the Management & Organization (M&O) Department at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
The M&O Department offers courses and programs leading to PhD degrees. In addition, the M&O Department plays a significant role in providing management and organization courses with the Smith School’s MBA program.
Preparing Next-Generation Managers
The Management & Organization (M&O) department at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, consists of over 30 core faculty including tenure-track, visiting, and teaching professors. The group's interests and responsibilities span micro and macro areas of Management, and include: strategy, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, and human resources.
M&O faculty are proud of the department's very strong track record in research, teaching, and service. As a group, we are particularly interested in and excited by topics such as leadership, teamwork, innovation and entrepreneurship, intangible assets, management of uncertainty, and social networks. Research and intellectual capital rankings have consistently placed the M&O department among the very top worldwide.
Some other indicators of the strength and scholarly reputation of M&O faculty include:
- Several elected Fellows of the Academy of Management, Society of Industrial-Organizational Psychology, and Strategic Management Society
- Several elected officers in leading professional societies, including two Past Presidents & Current President-Elect of the Academy of Management
- Multiple University of Maryland Distinguished Scholar-Teachers, a campus-wide recognition
- Multiple editorships and editorial board memberships on leading and highly prestigious academic journals
- Numerous best paper awards from prestigious journals and academies