Do you want to:
- Be a part of the nationally-ranked SCM curriculum that prepares you for a career in transportation and logistics operations?
- Attend the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) EXPO in Long Beach, California — just one of many expenses-paid field trips to some of the busiest distribution and transportation sites around the United States?*
- Network with industry leaders and executives in transportation and logistics, and supply chain from major railroads, motor carriers, steamship lines, port authorities, logistics providers, and transportation equipment leasing companies?
- Be a leader in the Supply Chain Management Society?
- Have access to the Intermodal Job Portal, an online recruitment tool listing internships and full-time positions with IANA’s member companies — a joint venture by IANA and The Smith School’s Office of Career Services?
*This prestigious program, including funding for field trips, is made possible by the Intermodal Association of North America’s annual Scholarship Award to the Robert H. Smith School of Business.
Read more about the activities of Supply Chain Consulting fellows, including past speakers and trips to industry facilities.
Curriculum — One-Year Program
BMGT471F (Supply Chain Consulting Fellows I) — Fall
BMGT473 (Supply Chain Consulting Fellows II; 3 credit course) OR Participation in a semester-long co-op* — Spring
Prerequisites: Applicants should enroll in BMGT370 and BMGT372 junior year; rising juniors and transfer students may be considered if they have taken both BMGT370 and BMGT372 OR will complete both courses by the end of their fall semester junior year (while in the program).
*Students who apply for, and are selected, to participate in a co-op during spring semester must submit a copy of their position description to the Undergraduate Program Office (email@example.com) in order to receive credit for completing Supply Chain Fellows.
Thomas M. Corsi is the faculty champion for the Supply Chain Consulting fellows program.
Examples of companies where Supply Chain fellows have interned or received full-time offers:
- Northrup Grumman Corporation
- Supply chain majors. (You may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as an internal transfer student, but fellows admission would be contingent upon admission to the Smith School, College Park.)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Open to rising juniors and seniors (preferred).
- BMGT370 and BMGT372 should be completed by the time of application or acceptance into the program will be on a provisional basis pending the successful completion of both courses.
- Active participation in the Supply Chain Management Society is a plus in applying to the program.
Program applications are now closed for coursework beginning fall 2020.