The University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business has a long tradition of having international students attend the Smith School or participate in exchange semesters. The school partners with other offices and the university to provide resources, services and insight to further the experience and successes for students during their time in the U.S. Additionally, creating programming which encourages the examination of emerging markets, global trade, and distinct perspectives, encourages knowledge sharing and cross-cultural collaboration.
Programs & Events
The Smith School coordinates programming to engage students in interactive events that foster idea sharing, thought leadership and career progression. Programming is often career and academically focused -- but having the opportunities to share culture, food and innovation helps everyone to diversify thoughts and perception.
Programming for Smith Students include:
- Interview Skills & Strategy for International Students
- Region-focused case study: emerging markets & technology
- Panels and workshops with US-based international alumni
- Global Consulting projects
- Annual Diwali Celebration
- International Trivia Night (2017)
- Hear My Story (2017)
- International Week (2017)
- Career Treks (diverse industry and function-based examination)
- Community Service
- Unconscious Bias workshops