Research Impact Fellowship (RIF)
The Center for Social Value Creation is seeking to provide students with an intellectually stimulating environment and expose students to business research through the Research Impact Fellowship program. Under the guidance of expert faculty and industry guest speakers, students will be able to research on topics, including but not limited to:
- Corporate Governance
- Climate Change
- Impact Finance and ESG
- Supply Chain and Circularity
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- COVID-19 Impact/Relief
- Ethical Autonomous Systems & Technology
This is a 10-week multi-disciplinary program and rising sophomore to senior candidates from all backgrounds, including business, economics, social and behavioral sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, and engineering are encouraged to apply. Please note we do not provide lab space for research. Students must also be willing to dedicate 8-10 hours per week to the program.
Each fellow is awarded a $650 stipend, including a publication to the CSVC Journal of Social Value Creation Theory. This fellowship will provide mentoring, networking, and enrichment opportunities through a faculty mentor, fellow program participants, and professionals in the corporate workforce. Final presentations will occur in early August.
10-week Program Timeline:
- Week 1 (6/14 – 6/18): Program Introduction
- Week 2 (6/21 – 6/25): Workshop: Introduction & Literature Review
- Week 3 (6/28 – 7/2): Introduction/Literature Review Completion
- Week 4 (7/5 – 7/9): Workshop: Methodology/Procedure
- Week 5 (7/12 – 7/16): Continue Methodology Work
- Week 6 (7/19 – 7/23): Workshop: Faculty-Led
- Week 7 (7/26 – 7/30): Research: Discussion/Conclusion
- Week 8 (8/2 – 8/6): Preparation for Final Conference
- Week 9 (8/9 – 8/13): Workshop: Career Services
- Week 10 (8/16): Grand Challenges Symposium
The Grand Challenges Symposium is a fully remote conference for fellows to present and discuss the innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions to their research topics. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for student researchers, expert faculty, and the Coalition for Better Business to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects in the fields of the Research Impact Fellowship. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Joanna Ihm at firstname.lastname@example.org.