Terp Startup is a summer accelerator program that helps student entrepreneurs make progress on their startup for eight weeks in the summer in lieu of an internship. At the end of the summer program, students should have: made substantial progress on their product of service; secured or increased initial customers and partners; have the ability to make the "go/no-go" decision based on metrics and market indicators. We accept about 10 student startups into each cohort. Those selected for Terp Startup will receive:
- A cash stipend up to $5,000.
- Ongoing advising with venture mentors.
- Access to exclusive workshops, a co-working space and other useful resources.
- The opportunity to apply for a continuation of resources and non-dilutive funding during the academic year as a Terp Startup fellow.
Candidates for Terp Startup Accelerator
- Student entrepreneurs who have completed milestones from the New Venture Practicum stage by developing an MVP and acquiring initial customers.
- Students who want to spend a summer executing on customer acquisition.
- Students who have not completed Dingman Jumpstart or New Venture Practicum may apply. These students must have conducted initial customer discovery.
- Make data-driven decisions about the next stage of their business.
- Determine the metrics that matter, test assumptions, build market awareness and acquire/retain initial customers.
- Leverage Dingman Center network and resources for accounting, tax, funding, IP and legal advice.
Terp Startup Summer 2020 Cohort
Founder: Camilo Melnyk '21
Blimp Logistics provides a fast and robust drone delivery network for any business.
Founder: Crystal Pinckney '22
Crys&Co Beauty provides easy access to beauty products and services for students on campus.
Door Robotics, Inc.
Founders: Joshua Ermias '20, Vincent Jaugan '21
Door Robotics has developed a drone featuring an integrated, 360 virtual reality camera system.
Founders: Jeff Su '21, Wyatt Talcott '21
ModBars, LLC produces delicious, customizable granola bars to accommodate unique dietary needs.
Founder: Harrison Burke '20
Morning Light fosters competitive Esports teams to make the jump to full-time professional sponsorships.
Founder: Doyinsola Oladimeji-Stevens '20
O•pal•es•cent Nails creates affordable yet glamorous press-on nail looks.
Founder: Mohil Gupta '18, MS '19
InstaBeauty is a delivery platform where users order beauty goods with personal shoppers.
Founder: Jacques Marais '20
Sow Co. gives users an automated kit for growing a pound of microgreens per week in their home.
Founder: Sarah Lader '20
The Sustainable Socialite provides affordable, curated vintage-style fashion to support sustainble shopping.
Founders: Sanketh Andhavarapu '23, Veeraj Shah '21
Vitalize is a mobile app for physicians with activities to alleviate stress and reduce burnout.
Founder: Lucy Bedewi '20
Wanderlust Wardrobe is a personal style consutlant with a pricing model accessible to the average woman.