The Dugal Impact Fellowship program provides a stipend for two undergraduate students to spend their summers interning at early-stage social enterprises, thanks to a generous gift from Ish ’05 and Priya Dugal ’05. Through this program, growing social enterprises benefit from increased access to the University of Maryland’s most talented and vibrant students. Meanwhile, students gain invaluable experience with the challenges of forming and growing new social ventures. The Dingman Center provides up to a $5,000 stipend to supplement any salary offered by the startup.
- Open to current UMD undergraduates
- Students must have a demonstrated interest in social entrepreneurship or a related field
- Past participation in social entrepreneurship programming and coursework through the Dingman Center or other campus partners
- Commitment to work full-time (40 hours/week) for the duration of an 8-week internship
Benefits of becoming a Dugal Impact Fellow
- Receive up to $5,000 to supplement any additional salary from the company
- Foster connections within and understanding of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Benefit from Dingman Center promotion and support
Roles & Responsibilities
- Produce high-level work and strongly represent the Dingman Center, the Smith School and the University of Maryland
- Commitment to work full-time during a typical summer internship time frame (early June to early/mid-August), negotiating any vacation dates with the company directly
- Once designated a Dugal Impact fellow, students are expected to become ambassadors for the Dingman Center through promoting our courses and programs
What types of companies can participate in this program?
- The company must be revenue-generating and have 5+ full-time employees
- The company must provide a detailed job description
- Intern role must be substantive and useful for the company’s growth
- The company must provide a direct supervisor for the intern who has the capacity and enthusiasm to effectively manage him/her
- For-profit and non-profit ventures are eligible
Complete the interest form and a team member will contact you.