The Center for Social Value Creation provides financial sponsorship up to $250 per request, for students groups, clubs, and individuals interested in expanding their understanding of the social value space. Sponsorship helps offset the cost associated with activities like: attending a national conference, participating in a workshop, or hosting an industry thought leader through a student club event. Undergraduate and graduate students studying at the University of Maryland are eligible. Sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Maryland.
- Have a strong interest in social value creation, sustainability, corporate social responsibility or the nonprofit sector.
- Have some experience related to the sector through the classroom or workplace.
- Able to identify a relevant immersion experience.
Students are eligible to receive up to $250 towards the total cost of the approved experience. Awards can only be used to cover up to 75 percent of total cost. For example, if a student is interested in attending a local workshop and the total cost is $100, students would be eligible to receive sponsorship in the amount of $75. Visit the “Conferences & Happenings” page for suggestions and example immersion and professional development experiences
To be considered, students must articulate why the experience they selected will contribute to their professional development goals and to social value creation broadly.
To apply please send an email titled “CSVC Student Sponsorship” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Graduation Year
- Mailing Address
- What is your personal definition of Social Value Creation
- Immersion Experience Selected
- Estimated Total Cost
- How will this experience contribute to your overall professional development and career goals?
- How does this experience relate to social value creation?
If selected, schedule a time to meet with us (email@example.com) to discuss the award process.
All financial awards will be granted in the form of a reimbursement. The reimbursement process requires multiple steps and can take up to four weeks. Throughout the process, students will be responsible for completing paperwork before the experience and following the experience. When paperwork is not completed in a timely fashion, the reimbursement process can take even longer, making it critical that all forms be turned in on time.