The Ed Snider Center for Enterprise & Markets and the Snider Leadership Development Club are proud to announce the
2019 NEWDAY USA STUDENT LEADERSHIP AWARD
Are you a University of Maryland student who leads by example and makes positive contributions to society? Do you have a deep commitment to and a sustained investment in community, colleagues, teammates, family and friends?
There are many ways in which University of Maryland students shape the world around them. The Ed Snider Center for Enterprise and Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business helps build an understanding of the fundamental role that entrepreneurial thinking plays in the evolution of enterprise and markets. The center wants to create leaders who avoid the mistakes of the past, improve decision-making today and innovate for tomorrow.
In collaboration with NewDay USA, the Ed Snider Center is presenting the 2019 NewDay USA Student Leadership Award and is currently looking for students whose work fits into one of the following three categories:
- INNOVATION - The NewDay USA Student Leader for Innovation has helped an organization meet its goals for growth and change, and has an optimistic vision for the future.
- ENTERPRISE - The NewDay USA Student Leader for Enterprise champions collaboration and creates positive outcomes for all the members of a team.
- RESILIENCE - The NewDay USA Student Leader for Resilience embodies integrity and a growth mindset.
The NewDay USA Student Leadership Award committee will select four finalists for each of the above categories. Each category will have one winner who will receive a check in the amount of $1,200 USD. The remaining three finalists of each category will receive a check in the amount of $300 USD each. Finalists along with their families and friends will be honored at a banquet in March of 2019.
Sophomores, juniors and seniors enrolled in any major at the University of Maryland and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible for the award.
The deadline to apply has been extended until Monday, February 18, 2019. Finalists will be notified by March 1, 2019.
To apply, please fill out the application section of this form and be prepared to include the following:
- Unofficial transcript.
- Two essays:
- Who inspired you? Please provide an example of their leadership and how they impacted you? (250 words or less)
- Explain how do your achievements relate to the leadership award (Innovation/Enterprise/Resilience)? (500 words or less)
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your leadership in light of the award category for which you are applying.
- A current version of your resume.
QUESTIONS? Please email the Ed Snider Center for Enterprise & Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business at email@example.com.